With the announcement of several new lenses and a new X-series body, Fujifilm also snuck in news of a new Raw conversion program. X Raw Studio, which will debut in November, works when the camera is connected to a Mac or PC via USB and uses the camera’s own image processing engine to convert Raw files to JPEGs. The software will support single image and batch conversions.
The GFX 50S, X-T2, X-Pro2 and X100F will be compatible with X Raw Studio, with support arriving first for the 50S and X-T2. Mac users will get the software first, in November 2017, with a Windows version arriving in January 2018.
Fujifilm announces development of new RAW conversion system “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO”.
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) has announced that it is developing a new RAW conversion system, “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO”.
“FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” enables users to quickly and easily convert RAW files with outstanding image quality, once a camera is connected to a Mac or PC via USB cable.
Exceptional image quality is retained, as the X RAW STUDIO system utilizes the X Processor Pro in the camera instead of the CPU in the computer,
Due to the increasing size of RAW files, users have found batch conversion to be an issue, as it takes more and more time as a result. However, using the high performance “X Processor Pro” processor, this batch conversion is handled far more efficiently as a result.
This new software is due to be available from late November 2017.
- – Convert RAW images on the computer (Single / Batch Process)
- – Preview converting images
- – Save, load, or copy conversion profiles.
- * Specifications, window images subject to change without notice.
- * RAW conversion is compatible with a RAW file taken by the same model as the connected camera.
Application Software “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO”
- for Mac : Late November 2017
- for Windows : Late January 2018
“FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” system compatible camera firmware
- FUJIFILM GFX 50S: Late November 2017 (Ver.2.00)
- FUJIFILM X-T2: Late November 2017 (Ver.3.00)
- FUJIFILM X-Pro2: Late December 2017 (Ver.4.00)
- FUJIFILM X100F: Late December 2017 (Ver.2.00)