Atomos have released a promised firmware update that brings support for high frame Sony FS Raw recording to their top of the range Inferno recorder. You can now record HD/2K Raw at 100/120/200/240p from the FS700, FS5 (with Raw upgrade) and FS7 (with XDCA pack) for recording and playback.
In addition the Hybrid Log/Gamma (HLG) settings can now be controlled from the monitor page, making it easier to access.
• High frame rates for Sony HD/2K Raw 100/120/200/240p for recording and playback • Hybrid Log/Gamma (HLG) in and out can now be accessed from the Monitor page • Further improvements to 3:2 pulldown functionality
• Sony FS7 DCI 4Kp50/60 locking improved via HDMI
• Waveform monitor added for all 2K modes
• DCI 4Kp60 synchronized audio playback improvements at DCI 4Kp30
• Time lapse functionality improved
• Occasional red flash frame issue improved while recording, this did not affect the recorded footage